Team size: 2 persons
Organization and BM-relations lead/team is an important and big role in Nordic Camp. Main focus is to make sure the fire is burning, members are excited, the project goes forward and that the members are aware of the camp’s policies, vision, goals and purpose.
This small team shall support and be ready to give advice to all leads in their preparations and work, facilitate camp meetings and be vigilant in addressing shortcomings in different teams. They should also oversee or take a leading role in conflict escalation and should mediate and try to avoid further escalation. Making all policies known to members and assisting in Advice-Process is a very important task for the Organisation lead.
The organization and BM-relations team have to stay connected with Burning Man and submit applications, coordinate Directed Group Sale and WAPs in a timely manner. Since Burning Man only communicates with what they call “Camp Lead”, this role will be called “Camp Lead” in the communication with BM.
- Coordinate and facilitate the overall administration and process of setting up NC
- Review advice-process and conflict-escalation as needed with focus on the process, not on the decision made.
- Making sure camp meetings are held at appropriate time intervals during the set-up
- Making sure all deadlines in relation to BM-org applications, ticket sales, etc are held
- Responsible for submitting SOI and Placement application to BM
- All relevant direct communication with Burning Man in regards to NC matters.
- Keeping track in BM-org NewsLetters, Placement Letters and other relevant fora and forwarding any important information to the members.
- Responsible for distributing DGS-tickets and WAP-access
- Perform a feed-back loop after BM including Eulogy
- Submitting final camp report to Burning Man during October
LEAD – Minimum requirements
- Have been to BRC before
- Have been member of Nordic Camp before
- Have experience in leading camps or bigger teams at Burns
- Well oriented in Advice-Process and Conflict escalation
- Dedicated to the camp (No doubts about going to BRC)
Desirable skills / qualities
- Experience in leadership
- Good communication skills
- Experienced in project management
- Established role in the Burning Man organisation, eg Regional Contact
- Active in Nordic Camp NPO